2020 SUPPLEMENTAL LEAF PICK-UP PROGRAM AND STREET SWEEPING
This service allows residents to rake leaves onto the PARKWAY in front of their homes on scheduled dates for pick-up by the city crews.
Before your collection:
● TO AVOID FINES, PLEASE DO NOT RAKE LEAVES INTO THE STREET.
● Place leaves in a narrow pile or row in the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb.
● If your area is without curbs, place the leaves within 5 feet of the street.
● Avoid raking leaves into ditches or drainage swales.
● To avoid towing, please do not park your vehicles on the street on scheduled pick-up dates.
● Leaves must be raked onto the parkway by 7:00 AM on the dates scheduled.
● Once your street has been cleaned, the City crews will be back on the next scheduled date.
● Only brown paper lawn bags OR your Republic yard waste tote (green or blue) can be used between pick-ups.
The Street Department has divided the city into five sections for its supplemental leaf collection and city workers will pick-up leaves from the parkway according to a schedule that sets two separate dates in each of the five sections. The dates for placement of leaves on the parkway in each City section are as follows:
SECTION 5. Tuesday, October 20th & Thursday, December 10th
This section is east of East End Avenue from 26th Street on the south to the City limits on the north.
SECTION 4. Friday, October 23rd & Tuesday, November 17th
This section is bordered by Edgewood Avenue, Chicago Road and Dixie Highway on the west, East End Avenue on the east, 26th Street on the south and Joe Orr Road on the north.
SECTION 3. Thursday, October 29th & Friday, November 20th
This section is west of Edgewood Avenue, between Route 30 on the north and 26th Street on the south.
SECTION 2. Wednesday, November 4th & Wednesday, November 25th
This section is west of Chicago Road and Dixie Highway, from Route 30 on the south to Joe Orr Road on the north.
SECTION 1. Tuesday, November 10th & Thursday, December 3rd
The entire section north of Joe Orr Road.
Please use these dates as a guide when preparing to rake your leaves for the City’s Supplemental Leaf Pick-Up Service. Residents are still required to use the brown lawn bags for leaves OR use Republic yard waste tote (green or blue) between these SUPPLEMENTAL pick-ups provided by the City. Thank you!