Code Enforcement is responsible for the sale and rental inspections of all residential and commercial properties in Chicago Heights.
The department reviews, approves and issues building permit applications and drawing of all new or continuing construction taken place within the city limits. Inspections ensures life safety from fire and other hazards in residential and commercial construction through plan review, permits, inspections, and contractor registration according to minimum requirements of adopted codes, ordinances, and State laws.
Code Enforcement also assists businesses or organizations selling and/or serving food to the general public. Such businesses are required to be licensed and inspected to protect public health.
Code Enforcement Adheres to the Following Property Codes:
- 2018 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2018 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2012 International Code Council Property Maintenance Code
- 2014 Illinois Plumbing Code
- 2017 National Electric Code
- 2000 National Fuel and Tax Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- City Ordinance and Zoning Codes
Gary MillerDirector, Code Enforcement
Margarita GuzmanOffice Staff
Kris KurthOffice Staff
Tina TrevinoOffice Staff