Code Enforcement is responsible for the sale and rental inspections of all residential and commercial properties in Chicago Heights.
The department conducts inspections to ensure life safety standards are met by enforcing the adopted codes, ordinances, and State laws. The department reviews, approves and issues building permits and/or drawings of all residential and commercial properties in Chicago Heights.
Code Enforcement also assists businesses or organizations selling and/or serving food to the general public. Such businesses are required to be licensed and inspected to protect public health.
Code Enforcement Adheres to the Following Property Codes:
- 2018 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2018 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2012 International Code Council Property Maintenance Code
- 2014 Illinois Plumbing Code
- 2017 National Electric Code
- 2000 National Fuel and Tax Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- City Ordinance and Zoning Codes
Codes may be located on the web.
Gary MillerDirector, Code Enforcement
Ana MontalvoOffice Staff
Kirstie ScherOffice Staff
Kris KurthOffice Staff
Tina TrevinoOffice Staff